Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tuesday August 17

Tuesday: High 34 Low 25.8 Today was a real maintenance day. I changed out a case of 30 four foot fluorescent tubes. The place was getting very dark in spots. Once people caught on to what I was doing both local staff and patients started coming and requesting me to come into there areas or rooms to fix lights. In the process I must have found a dozen or more ballasts that are fried. The one supply room was so dark I could hardly see to put tubes in. I don’t know how David our supply man could even find anything in there. I replaced one ballast in there and have another to do yet. I will need to get at least one more case of tubes and maybe more to finish replacing the burned out ones. The four ballasts I purchased will be used up as well. I need to get a case of them as well next time we get supplies.

Main floor Nurse Station with the doors to the OR directly behind
One of the Nurse Practitioners caught me in the hall and asked if I could do a job in a patient’s room. He is a twenty-seven year old who was injured in a car accident and is paralyzed from the waist down. The NP said there was no light in his room so I went to check. The overhead light was ok but the bathroom light was out and a fixture over his sink had fallen off of the wall and was resting on top of the medicine cabinet /mirror. It may have come off the wall in the earthquake, I don’t know but I gave the glass shade a good wash, bolted it back together as nothing was broken, put it back on the wall with two new bulbs and, viola! What a difference.

No comments: