Friday, August 13, 2010

Tuesday August 10

Tuesday: High 34 Low 25.8 Today was a real maintenance day. I changed out a case of 30 four foot fluorescent tubes. The place was getting very dark in spots. Once people caught on to what I was doing both local staff and patients started coming and requesting me to come into there areas or rooms to fix lights. In the process I must have found a dozen or more ballasts that are fried. The one supply room was so dark I could hardly see to put tubes in. I don’t know how David our supply man could even find anything in there. I replaced one ballast in there and have another to do yet. I will need to get at least one more case of tubes and maybe more to finish replacing the burned out ones. The four ballasts I purchased will be used up as well. I need to get a case of them as well next time we get supplies. One of the Nurse Practitioners caught me in the hall and asked if I could do a job in a patient’s room. He is a twenty-seven year old who was injured in a car accident and is paralyzed from the waist down. The NP said there was no light in his room so I went to check. The overhead light was ok but the bathroom light was out and a fixture over his sink had fallen off of the wall and was resting on top of the medicine cabinet /mirror. It may have come off the wall in the earthquake, I don’t know but I gave the glass shade a good wash, bolted it back together as nothing was broken, put it back on the wall with two new bulbs and, viola! What a difference.

No comments: